Lunette - Menstrual Cup
or make 4 interest-free payments of fortnightly with More info
Made in Finland and now available to New Zealand women, the Lunette is an easy-to-use, safe, and clean alternative to pads and tampons. Using a Lunette is similar to using a tampon but requires less changing. Made of medical-grade silicone, a non-friendly environment for bacteria, menstrual cups are simply washed and reused. Not to mention, menstrual cups create zero waste. That's nice!
What are you waiting for? Try a healthier alternative for handling your period that will not limit you or compromise the environment. Go out there and live your life to the fullest - all month every month!
WHAT IS THE LUNETTE ?
- Hypoallergic, latex-free, odourless and safe
- Economic and ecologically-friendly; used with care, one Lunette menstrual cup lasts for about 5-10 years
- A sanitary and healthy alternative to disposable tampons and sanitary napkins
- Easy-to-use and comfortable, needs emptying only 2-4 times a day. Can be used during the night
- The lining of the cup is totally smooth and the tab is flat, so cleaning is extremely easy
- Measuring lines of 7.5ml and 15ml inside the cup for monitoring the amount of your flow
- Can be sterilised by placing in boiling water for 2-5 minutes
- Can be used by all women
- Can be used before first sexual intercourse and also with an IUD and contraceptive ring.
- Not to be used during post-natal bleeding due to the vagina being inflamed from childbirth
- Does not disrupt the natural lubricating ability of the vagina, nor does it dry the vaginal mucous membrane
- No dampness, no outbreaks of vaginal candidiasis, cystitis or toxic shock syndrome have been linked to the use of menstrual cups
- Can be used during sports
- Not tested on animals
The Lunette Cup Model 1
Light to normal flow
All Lunette menstrual cups are soft and pliable, however, Lunette Cup Model 1 is made of softer silicone than Lunette Cup Model 2.
- The diameter is 41 mm (1.6 inches) by 47 mm (1.9 inches).
- The stem measures 25 mm (1 inch).
- The volume of the cup is 25 ml (0.85 fl oz).
- Measuring lines: 5ml (0.17 oz) and 13.5ml (0.46 oz).
The Lunette Cup Model 2
Normal to heavy flow
All Lunette menstrual cups are soft and pliable, however, Lunette Cup Model 2 is made of firmer silicone than Lunette Cup Model 1.
- The diameter is 46 mm (1.8 inches) by 52 mm (2 inches).
- The stem measures 20 mm (0.8 inches).
- The volume of the cup is 30 ml (1.0 fl oz).
- Measuring lines: 7.5ml (0.25 oz) and 15ml (0.5 oz)